Hello, this is my first message on this forum and I would really appreciate some help.
I’m completely new to the Apple ecosystem and could do with some help deciding on what is best for my needs…
Ok, My previous experience is with Windows laptops/Pc’s
I owned a Windows 7 pc back in 2007 and after 2 years it died on me…I’ve been scared to buy another windows laptop due to getting virus ect
I then jumped onto the Chromebook ecosystem and have enjoyed it…but have found there It’s lacking in some areas of my needs ( Although ChromeOS has come a long way and improving all the time.
Right, so I have been for a while now doing research on macs, the software and if I should purchase a mac book pro or I pad pro.
I currently live in Japan, so I have a few questions.
I’m looking to purchase either a Mac book pro 13 inches, 512GB memory, 8 GB of ram, M1 chip, luckily I’m able to choose a British magic keyboard keyboard
I need a computer for the following…
Internet browsing/ research
listening to music,
light video editing
word office, docs, excel
Do you think 8GB is enough? or should I opt for 16GB? it says you cannot change the Ram it after you have purchased.
1. If I move back to the UK, is it safe to purchase a UK apple plug adapter? I’m guessing all macs are the same around the world and the power brick that is given with the device controls the voltage based on where you live. ( So If I move back to the UK, I can simply purchase a UK Apple power brick? )
2. I think I know this answer, but can I change the language in apple mac to English from Japanese?
With windows in the past, you had to purchase a new version of windows which was BS
3. If I purchase office for mac along with the Mac on the Japanese Apple website, Can I change the language to English?
4. Does Mac OS take time to get used to, is it easy like chromeOS or Windows 7?
5. Last question, Would you recommend an Ipad pro 12.9 or Mac book pro 13?
I’ve also heard Apple has an event on Tuesday the 14th, is it worth waiting?
I’m looking to purchase this Computer by the end of next week.
Thank you for any help you can provide,
Sorry if my questions seem silly, but I really have no idea which is better and much about Apple, Ipad Os Or mac OS big sir.
thanks, guys and have a nice weekend.